Here’s the recipe of the banana bread that I discussed in a previous post. At least a couple of friends have tried this recipe and they will attest to its great taste. If you like banana bread that isn’t too sweet, and uses ingredients that promote health, this recipe is for you.
1 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
3-4 large overripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup Canola oil
1 cup rehydrated raisins or toasted walnuts, dredged in some flour
- Pre-heat oven or turbo broiler to 350F.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients except sugar.
- Grease the baking pan with a little Canola oil; sprinkle sugar and cinnamon at the bottom.
- Add sugar and vanilla into the mashed banana; mix well.
- Beat eggs in another bowl then add into the banana mixture.
- Gradually add the Canola oil; mix well.
- Fold in the banana mixture into the sifted flour mix; DO NOT mix too much–it’s okay if the batter is lumpy–if the batter is mixed well, the bread will be tough and dry; fold in raisins and/ or walnuts if using.
- Pour the batter into the pan, filling it up to 3/4 only.
- Bake at 350F for about 50 minutes; check midway–if inserted toothpick comes out clean, it’s done. If using turbo broiler, bake for 30 mins at 350F.
- Rest on rack before un-molding and slicing.